Oxman & Oxman, P.C. is a full service law firm. With the exception of Tax and Water Law, there are few cases that we haven’t handled. While Stephen specializes in Family Law, Wills, Trusts and Estates and Chad Specializes in Criminal and Immigration law, we are capable in assisting you in almost any legal matter. With a combined 50 years of experience, as licensed attorneys practicing exclusively in Colorado, we have the familiarity and know-how to handle just about any legal matter.
STEPHEN E. OXMAN
Stephen was born and raised in Denver. He graduated from the George Washington High School after which he attended the University of Arizona, graduating with a B.A. in Political Science. He attended the John Marshall Law School in Chicago, Illinois and in 1974, upon graduation, became an attorney licensed to practice in both Illinois and Colorado. He joined his father, Irving, that same year and has been practicing law for over 40 years. Stephen can handle just about any civil matter. While he specializes is Divorce and Estate Planning he is well versed in all areas of civil practice.
- Real Estate (Commercial and Residential): Residential and commercial contracts, notes and deeds of trust, residential and commercial leases, mechanic liens and forcible entry and detainer actions, promissory notes, deeds of conveyance
- Leases: Leases of property, landlord tenant disputes, evictions
- Collections:Collection of debts, garnishments of wages to satisfy debts
- Probate and Estate: Will challenges, “probating” of estates
- Wills and Trusts: Drafting wills, codicils and estate planning
- Domestic Relations:Divorce, child custody, decision making and parenting time, maintenance, paternity, child support, enforcement of child support, contempt actions
- Adoptions:Adoption of children, name changes
- Personal Injury: Torts, insurance litigation, automobile and workplace accidents
- Contracts: Employment, buy-sell agreements, asset purchase agreements, stock purchase agreements
- Corporations: Formation of LLCs, PCs, Partnerships, etc.
CHAD R. OXMAN
Chad, like his father, and grandfather was also born and raised in Denver. He attended East High School in Denver and upon graduating from high school, he attended Temple University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania where he double majored in Philosophy and Spanish. He returned home to attend the University of Denver, Sturm College of Law where he graduated in 2004. During law school Chad worked for the U.S. Senate in Colorado and Washington D.C., but spent his final two years in law school as a paid intern with the Colorado Public Defender’s Office, representing juveniles at Detention Hearings in Denver Juvenile Court.
Shortly after graduating from law school, Chad began working as a Public Defender in Adams County Colorado. He worked as a Public Defender in Adams County for almost 7 years before joining his family’s firm. During that time Chad tried multiple cases, including several First Degree Murder trials. After 7 yeas with the Public Defender's Office and now in private practice, Chad continues to maintain a winning trial records. He has successfully defended several high-profile cases that have been reported in both local and national media.
Chad has been invited to speak at various attorney conferences and has trained thousands of attorneys in the following areas: the intersection of criminal and immigration law (“Crimmigration”), cultural based defenses and medical marijuana defense.
Chad is a member of the Colorado Bar Association, the Colorado Criminal Defense Bar, the Colorado Juvenile Defender Coalition and is one of the founding members of the Spanish Speaking Lawyers Committee of the Colorado Bar Association. He frequently participates in pro bono legal fairs throughout the State.
- Member of the National Trial Lawyers: Top 25 Criminal Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of the National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
Chad has successfully defended the following types of cases:
- Assaults (e.g., domestic violence)
- Burglary, theft
- Drugs (possession/distribution)
- Kidnapping/False Imprisonment
- Organized crime (COCCA)
- Sexual Offenses/Assaults
- Theft, property crimes
- Postconviction (appeals, ineffective assistance of counsel (35(c)) claims, motions to reconsider, etc.)
Chad has successfully defended noncitizens in removal/deportation proceedings where the primary basis for removal is criminal conduct. Chad has also helped hundreds of noncitizen clients negotiate pleas in criminal cases to minimize the impact those cases might have on their immigration status.